INFORMATION FOR SELLERS
There is a rising demand for the limited selling space at our auctions. It is best to email email@example.com.
FEES AND PAYMENT
Seller pays commission of 12.5% on the hammer price and a lotting fee of £1 per lot for the first five lots, 50p per lot after that.
- Selling for £5 will pay £3.38 to the seller
- Selling for £50 will pay £42.75 to the seller i.e. 14.5% total fees
Seller lists eight lots.
Seller sells five lots with a hammer price of £5, £10, £5, £10 and £40 = £70.
Seller has three unsold lots.
- Hammer price £70
- less commission @12.5% = £8.75
- less lotting fee 5 x £1 = £5 plus 3 x 50p = £6.50
- = Seller’s net total £75 – £8.75 – £6.50 = £54.75
We reserve the right not to pay the seller until the buyer has paid.
- The listing sheet allows you to describe the lot and set a reserve.
- It is a 2 carbon copy sheet. You will get your copy when you settle the account.
- Please leave the listing sheet with your lots.
- Valuable small items can be left in the display cabinets. Mark this on the listing sheet and please list the cabinet items in a group on the sheet. Please discuss this with a member of staff.
- Sellers are responsible for the accurate description of their lots on the listing sheet. We will give guidance.
- Ultimately it is the buyers responsibility to assess your lot prior to bidding. It is sold as seen, not as described.
- You can have reserves and there is no charge. We will give advice on reserves. We do not allow reserves of less than £5.
- Sellers need to balance the reserve price against the costs and time they will incur if the item fails to sell and has to be resold elsewhere.
- Prices paid at repeat auction programs on TV do not reflect the current market. Some items sell for a third of what they did 3 years ago because the market has become swamped with this sort of item.
- If a buyer asks for the reserve we inform them (at catalogued auctions this is revealed in the estimate).
- Your reserve can put bidders off. We have no time to value the 400 items that arrive on the morning of the auction, so reserves are revealed on request. Remember buyers have to pay at least your reserve plus the buyers commission.
- Please think carefully about whether you want to take the item(s) back at the end of the auction and go through the selling process again e.g. a cold, wet and windy car boot sale!
- Are assigned by us in time for viewing.
- Please do not fill the lot number column in on the listing sheets.
Name, address and telephone number:
- Please identify yourself so we can contact you during and after the auction
DELIVERY OF LOTS
- Lots can be delivered on the day of the auction from 09:30 to 10:30.
- We photograph all lots for display during the auction. We need to do this in lot order as there is no time for editing.
- Lots not present for photographing may be moved to later on in the auction.
- The later lots are delivered, the later they will be in the auction.
- Tables can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
REJECTION OF LOTS
Lots may be rejected if:
- There is no space left.
- The number of lots has exceeded the time we have available for the sale.
- We do not believe they will sell.
- It’s illegal for them to be sold at auction.
- If we believe they are unsuitable for our auction.
- All mains electrical items have to be Portable Appliance Tested before we can sell them as required by Hampshire County Council – Selling Second Hand Electrical Goods. In Alresford – Barnes & Liddiard will do this for £3.50, if you book and take the electrical equipment to their workshop. Other electricians offer this service.
- The Auctions in a Day decision on this matter is final.
COLLECTION OF LOTS
- All unsold lots have to be collected by the time we leave the building about 1 hour after the auction ends.
- Auctions in a Day does not provide any storage facilities at it’s auction sites.
- Goods not collected will be disposed of by Auctions in a Day.
- The closing time of the auction is related to the number of lots 300(16:00ish) – 500 (17:00ish)
- We will settle up with Sellers on the same day once the auction has completed
- We reserve the right to delay payment to the Seller until we have been paid by the Buyer
- We will subtract the commission from the Seller earnings before payment
- We can pay Seller either by Cash, BACS or Paypal.
No catalogue is published.