Our last auction was on Saturday 6th September 2014 at Itchen Abbas Village Hall
. The next cycle auction will be in the Spring of 2015.
Halfway between Winchester and New Alresford, Hampshire
Viewing at 10:30. Auction starts at 12:00.
Please call Andrew Wilcox on 01962 738534 or 07813 211451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
Do you, a relative or friend have an old bicycle or a box of parts stashed away in a garage or shed? Depending on brand, age, frame material, the fittings and of course the condition, they can be worth a few pounds up to hundreds of pounds. People buy them to ride as is, restore to original condition or renovate them as “fixies” (single gear bikes) or just to get the parts for an existing restoration project. Of course you may have a bike you no longer need after upgrading to the latest and greatest. Please try and sell it at our auction. Look at the Cycle Auction Archive to see what was for sale in June and September 2014 and at the June Cycle Auction Report to see the star cycles and what they sold for.
Our normal auction terms and conditions will apply. In summary they are:
- £1 fee per lot entered (May include multiple items)
- 10% buyers and sellers commission
- 20% sellers commission for buy it now items. No £1 fee. No unsold fee
- Sellers are paid at the end of the sale in cash providing the buyer has paid.
- No reserves less than £10
- Photos and descriptions of items for sale can be added to the category pages by sellers. These are subject to approval.
- We can catalogue and photograph your items for a 15% commission within a reasonable travelling distance.
What sort of items would we like to see at the auction? Vintage bicycles and parts, 60s, 70s, 80s and maybe later bikes. Classic brands: Raleigh, Dawes, Holdsworth. Parts from: Shimano, Campagnolo, Brooks, Cinelli. Frames made of 531, Columbus Steel and other lightweight steels. Some of the lots already for sale can be seen in the photographs opposite. We expect over lots for sale. We had 140 lots in June.
Why sell at our auction?
- Sold as seen. It’s the buyer responsibility to inspect before bidding. No need for detailed descriptions and photographs. The buyer cannot return the item.
- Low commission. 10% versus 20% plus at many commercial auctions.
- This page and the photos of lots page will be up for two months before the auction. We are currently in the top three of search results for “cycle auction“.
- We will list the auction here Bike Jumbles, Facebook groups (e.g. Bicycle Cafe), Bulletin Boards (e.g. London Fixed Gear and Single Speed) and anywhere else we can find. Your suggestions are welcome.
- We are also advertising locally: village shops, pubs and our own cycle hoardings which are moving around the Winchester district.
We have used Itchen Abbas Village Hall for several years. Its conveniently situated midway between Winchester and Alresford, and 10 minutes from the M3. It has good parking immediately outside the hall and in the hall side of the industrial units above it. The Trout should be reopened by September. Please buy a beer from them if you use their car park and please park in the top section of their car park.
Here are some other cycle auctions and jumbles in 2014.
(Note: these are not run by us. We are listing them because we know we will not be covering all your specialists requirements.)
- 13th September – Ripley Cycle Jumble, Ripley Village Hall, High Street, Ripley, Surrey GU23 6AF
- 11th October — Motoring Literature, Automobilia & Early Cycling Auction Transport Collectors Auction, Reading
Past Events 2014:
- 7th September – Herne Hill Velodrome
- 16th August – Steyning Centre, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3XZ Contact: Robin Johnson teL: 01403 783368
- 2nd August – Herne Hill Velodrome
- 26 & 27th July – Orbital Cycling Festival, Goodwood
- 5th July – Herne Hill Velodrome
- 28th June – Bedhampton Cycle Jumble hosted by CycleMiles
- 21st June – Ripley Cycle Jumble, Ripley Village Hall, High Street, Ripley, Surrey GU23 6AF
- 24th May – Bike Jumble and Rent-a-Table, Abbey United Reformed Church Hall, Romsey
- 26th May – Bicycles, Tricycles & Cycling Memorabilia – Lightweight bikes, vintage cycles and lamps, literature, books, ephemera, spares
- 21st May – Brightwells, Leominster – 526 lots in a Veteran and Vintage Cycles Auction and related items.
- 25th April – Ripley Cycle Jumble, Ripley Village Hall, High Street, Ripley, Surrey GU23 6AF
- 12th April – Transport Collectors Auction – Reading – Motoring Literature, Automobilia And Early Cycling & Cycling Ephemera
- 9th March – Online Bike Museum Auction – Hove – Cycles of various forms from 1800-1990!
The items pictured on this page were sold at our 7th June auction. You can see the items that have been listed so far on the following pages:
- Parts: Derailleurs, Shifters, Freewheels, Cassettes, Bottom Brackets, Spokes, Brakes, Chains
Harry Hall Road Bike – Sold for £250
Holdsworth Road Bike – Sold for £90
Optima Recumbent – Sold for £120
Peugeot Lady Back Tandem – Sold for £110
Campagnolo Bottom Bracket – Sold for £18
New Cyclus Bottom Bracket Thread Cleaner 1.37 x 24 – Sold for £40