We have a record number of lots posted on the web site Lots for 7th March. They are as diverse as always:
- A croquet set
- A sheeps head sculpture
- Brassware, Ceramics, Glassware
- Royal Doulton, Halcyon Days, Sylvac, Wade, Hornsea, Poole, Wedgewood
- Toys, two zithers, a flute
- Painted furniture, Ercol kitchen chairs
- 388 Thimbles
And this is just 47 lots of an expected 400 plus which will be on sale on Saturday 7th March at Itchen Abbas Village Hall.
But we know the weather is going to be good. So here are some thoughts for buyers tomorrow:
- Viewing is from 12:30 until the auction starts at 2pm
- You can leave absentee bids after viewing. You must pay for and collect your items before we leave the hall at 6pm.
- We sell at about 150 lots an hour.
- There is a lawn and play area at the rear of the village hall.
- The Plough is next door.
- Walk over to the church view the snowdrops. Cross the river over several bridges and come back. 20-30 minute stroll.
- Walk back towards Winchester in Itchen Abbas and then go along the old railway line and come back
- The Chesnut Horse in Easton is 30 mins walk.
- The Bush Inn in Ovington is 45 mins walk.
- New Alresford is 10 mins away by car.
Obviously we would prefer that you spent the whole afternoon in the hall bidding, drinking tea and eating home made cakes but we can also understand why you might want to spend some time outside.