Specialist Cycle Auction
Following successful auctions in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 our next cycle auction will be later in the year. On Saturday 9th June 2018 at Itchen Abbas Village Hall, halfway between Winchester and New Alresford, Hampshire there will be a CYCLE JUMBLE run by Alresford Mobile Cycle Repairs. The organiser bears a striking resemblance to the auctioneer at the cycle auctions! Please click the link for more information.
Deliver lots 08:00. Viewing from 10:30. Auction starts at 12:00.
Our general auction starts at 14:00
Please call Andrew Wilcox on 01962 738534 or 07813 211451 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Do you, a relative or friend have an old bicycle or a box of parts stashed away in a garage or shed? Depending on brand, age, frame material, the fittings and of course the condition, they can be worth a few pounds up to hundreds of pounds. People buy them to ride as is, restore to original condition or renovate them as “fixies” (single gear bikes) or just to get the parts for an existing restoration project. Of course you may have a bike you no longer need after upgrading to the latest and greatest. Please try and sell it at our auction. Look at the Cycle Auction Archive to see what was for sale in June/September 2014 and June/September 2015, and at the Cycle Auction Reports for June 2014, September 2014, June 2015, September 2015 and June 2016to see the star cycles and what they sold for.
Sellers: Please upload an image and description of the lots you intend to bring in one of the five categories. The links below will take you directly to the form for doing this:
Listing you cycle or other items on the web site will greatly improve your chance of getting a higher price for the item. Bringing it on the on the morning of the sale without describing it on the web site is possible but not recommended.
Buyers: You can leave absentee bids for any item. Read the Guideline for Absentee or Commission Bids then click the link beside each item.
- 8th June – Please download the 17-06-03 Cycle Auction Catalogue. This may be amended on the day. At previous auctions 20-30 bikes have been delivered for sale that do not appear in the catalogue.
- 9th June – AUCTION
- 08:00 – 09:00 : Sellers bring their lots to the hall and enter them on to our lotting sheets
- 09:00 – 10:30 : We organise and lot up the items
- 10:30 : Viewing and buy it now for some items
- 12:00 : Auction.
- 12:15 – 16:00 :
Buyers – Please pay for your lots and collect.
Sellers – Please collect your cash and collect unsold lots
- 18:00 : The hall and garden will be empty!
Our normal auction terms and conditions will apply. In summary they are:
- £1 fee per lot entered (May include multiple items)
- 12.5% buyers and sellers commission
- Sellers are paid at the end of the sale in cash providing the buyer has paid.
- No reserves less than £10
- Photos and descriptions of items for sale can be added to the category pages by sellers. These are subject to approval.
- We can catalogue and photograph your items for a 17.5% commission within a reasonable travelling distance.
What sort of items would we like to see at the auction? Vintage bicycles and parts, 60s, 70s, 80s and maybe later bikes. Classic brands: Raleigh, Dawes, Holdsworth. Parts from: Shimano, Campagnolo, Brooks, Cinelli. Frames made of 531, Columbus Steel and other lightweight steels. Some of the lots already for sale can be seen in the photographs opposite. We expect over lots for sale. We had 140 lots in June.
Why sell at our auction?
- Sold as seen. It’s the buyer responsibility to inspect before bidding. No need for detailed descriptions and photographs. The buyer cannot return the item.
- Low commission. 12.5% versus 20% plus at many commercial auctions.
- This page and the photos of lots page will be up for two months before the auction. We are currently in the top three of search results for “cycle auction“.
- We will list the auction here Bike Jumbles and Campyoldy where you will find listings further north than those below. We will be on Facebook groups (e.g. Bicycle Cafe), Bulletin Boards (e.g. London Fixed Gear and Single Speed) and anywhere else we can find. Your suggestions are welcome.
- We are also advertising locally: village shops, pubs and our own cycle hoardings which are moving around the Winchester district.
We have used Itchen Abbas Village Hall for several years. Its conveniently situated midway between Winchester and Alresford, and 10 minutes from the M3. It has good parking immediately outside the hall and in the hall side of the industrial units above it. The Trout should be reopened by September. Please buy a beer from them if you use their car park and please park in the top section of their car park.
Here are some other cycle auctions and jumbles running near Hampshire in 2016. You can get more details and more jumbles at the Bike Jumbles Calendar.
(Note: these are not run by us. We are listing them because we know we will not be covering all your specialists requirements.)
- 2nd April – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 7th May – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 4th June – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 20th June – Ripley Village Hall, Surrey GU23 6AF – Entry Form – Carol Golsby 07966 069313
- 2nd July – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 20th August – Steyning Centre, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3XZ – Contact: Robin Johnson tel: 01403 783368
- 3rd September – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 1st October – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
- 5th November – Herne Hill Velodrome Cycle Jumble
Past Events 2016:
- 17th January 2016 – Steyning Centre, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3XZ – Contact: Rupert Robin Tel: 01273 233402
Items for Sale at 3rd June 2017 Auction
Items Sold at Previous Auctions
The items pictured on this page were sold at our 2014 auctions. You can see the items that have been listed so far on the following pages:
- Complete Cycles and Frames:Road, Mountain, Touring, Trek, Hybrid, Town, BMX, Cyclocross, Tandem and Recumbent Bikes
- Parts: Derailleurs, Shifters, Freewheels, Cassettes, Bottom Brackets, Spokes, Brakes, Chains
- Accessories: Lights, panniers, saddle bags, locks, etc.
- Clothing: Shoes, Jerseys, Helmets, etc.